Microsoft Edge browser is another Chromium-based one which is available to download for almost all popular platforms such as Linux, Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. Even it supports chrome extension. Microsoft keeps enhancing it with lots of new features which even ae not on Google’s Chrome, thus it is worth trying out.
Therefore, if you are on Linux distros such as Ubuntu 20.04/18.04, Linux Mint, Debian, Elementary OS, Kali Linux, and other similar opensource operating systems then here is the way to install Microsoft Edge browser using the command terminal.
- Open a command terminal. The keyboard shortcut keys are Ctrl+Alt+T.
- Add Microsoft GPG key, to make sure whenever package we download for installing Edge browser is from the authentic source.
curl -sSL https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc | sudo apt-key add -
- Now, add the Microsoft Edge Browser repository on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Debian, or any other version or Linux OS you are using of the same base.
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/edge stable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/microsoft-edge.list'
- Run system update command to flush and rebuild the system repository cache
sudo apt update
- Finally, install the Edge Browser
sudo apt install microsoft-edge-dev