WoeUSB is an open-source tool to create Windows bootable USB drives on Linux systems such as Ubuntu, Zorin, Debian, Elementary, and more… And here we will see how to install it on the latest version of Ubuntu that is 21.04.
Many times we struggle to create a bootable USB drive for one of the popular operating systems i.e Windows 10. However, there are lots of tools for doing this on Windows, even Ubuntu out of the box comes with a tool called Startup Disk creator and we can use that as well for making bootable USB drives. And if you want to know how? Then see our article- Create bootable USB using Ubuntu inbuilt tool called Startup disk creator.
Nevertheless, it is one’s personal choice what he or she wants to use, hence if you prefer WoeUSB and you are on a Linux system such as Ubuntu 21.04, then here is the article on that.
Also see: How to install Ubuntu 21.04 (Hirsute Hippo) on VirtualBox Machine
WoeUSB installation on Ubuntu 21.04 Hirsute Hippo
- Open Ubuntu 21.04 command terminal
- Run system update command –
sudo apt update
- Install git and p7zip using the command –
sudo apt install git p7zip-full
- Now, get Python PIP and required dependency-
sudo apt install python3-pip python3-wxgtk4.0
- Finally, run the command to install WoeUSB on Ubuntu 21.04-
sudo pip3 install WoeUSB-ng
To run it, go to all applications and search for it. As its icon appear, click to run the same…
In case you get an error when you hit the Install button. “Log: WoeUSB v3.3.1 ============================== Error: Target device is currently busy, unmount all mounted partitions in target device then try again Target device is busy, please make sure you unmount all filesystems on target device or shutdown the computer before detaching it.”
- Go to the File Manager of Ubuntu, on the left side panel you will see your attached pen drive. Right-click on that and click on the Format button.
- Now, select the For use with Windows (NTFS) file system and format your USB drive.